A handful of country stars helped the T.J. Martell Foundation raise more than $425,000 for cancer research at the 10th annual Nashville Honors Gala on March 26.
Nashville’s Charles Esten emceed the event that honored outstanding community leaders and featured performances by Keith Urban, Thomas Rhett, Lauren Alaina, Natalie Grant, Danny Gokey and Jeff Foxworthy.
This year’s honorees included:
- Janet Ayers – Lifetime Humanitarian Award
- David Poile – Spirit of Nashville Award
- Frank Bumstead – Frances Preston Outstanding Music Industry Achievement Award
- Mike Smardak – Tony Martell Outstanding Entertainment Achievement Award
- Dr. James Netterville – Medical Research Advancement Award
The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry’s leading foundation that funds innovative medical research focused on finding treatments and cures for cancer. The Foundation has provided more than $280 million for research at eight flagship hospitals in the United States.
Check out the photo gallery below, courtesy of Rick Diamond/Wortman Works Media.
main photo by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com